Tictor Title Building
Originally built in 1833 as the First Unitarian Church, the structure is the oldest standing building in downtown Buffalo. President-elect Lincoln and former President Millard Fillmore worshipped at the church on Sunday, February 17, 1861. According to local legend, on that trip through Western New York, Lincoln stopped in Westfield, NY, where he was told by a little girl that he should grow a beard to look more distinguished. Beginning in in 1886, the Tictor Title Building housed title companies that researched abstracts for property in Erie County. Current home to Erie County offices.