- Eat & Drink
Designed by noted local architects E.B. Green and William S. Wicks, the 15-story Genesee Building in the French Renaissance style was opened as an office building in 1923 and quickly became known for its distinctive green copper roof. However, the building had fallen into disrepair by the 1980’s when Hyatt hotels decided to restore the building and extend it. A new 11-story tower was built next to the Genesee Building and is a natural extension, following the strong line of the Genesee Building’s 11th floor that begins the Renaissance design of the top four floors. The majestic marble doorway of the old building has been refurbished and serves as the entrance to the contemporary green glass atrium.