Church of the Good Shepherd
Prominent Buffalo businessman, Elam Jewett, gave land and funds to build this beautiful Richardsonian Romanesque church as a memorial for his friend, Rev. Edward Ingersoll. Originally plans for the church were drawn by the firm of Silsbee and Marling, and were later reworked in 1888 by Marling’s new partner Herbert Burdett. The church possesses several fine opalescent glass windows by Tiffany Studios. On the back wall of the chancel are three windows, the center window, depicting Christ as the Good Shepherd, dominates the ensemble. Other Tiffany windows can be found in the north and south transepts and the children’s chapel.