The Brisbane Building was built in 1895 by James Brisbane and James Mooney and was central to some of the greatest years in the City’s history. Traditionally, it has been the home of lawyers and others who profit from its proximity to the courts, City Hall, Erie County offices, bank offices and other important functions. It was the long time home of the Kleinhan’s Company. Also, Brisbane was one of Woolworth’s first stores, the success of which was a fundamental building block for the philanthropy and civic involvement of Buffalo’s Knox family, the original owners of the Buffalo Sabres. Many tenancies have spanned generations. The Gannon law firm has maintained continuous occupancy since 1930. Stanley Hunt, Hunt Real Estate’s founder in 1911, ran his business there continuously for 47 years, until buying the nearby Hurst Building in 1960.
- Eat & Drink