Holiday Movies Showing at Classic Buffalo Theatres
There’s something comforting about stepping through the front doors of Buffalo’s classic movie theatres – the smell of popcorn at the snack counter, the twinkling of lights down the aisle, the dimming of the house lights, even the creak of the old-time seats. Combine that with the spirit of the holiday season and you’ve got the recipe for a nostalgic experience unlike any other. Several classic Buffalo theatres cherish this time of the year by firing up the projectors to show timeless holiday movies, new and old. Here is what’s playing at Buffalo’s theatres this season:
673 Main Street, East Aurora
This vintage movie house, located in the charming village of East Aurora, has just the right touch of modern flair. Check out their stacked holiday showings – all of which are completely free. All showtimes are at 11:00am.
• The Star: Friday, November 25th
• Elf: Saturday, November 26th
• The Man Who Invented Christmas: Sunday, November 27th
• A Christmas Story: Saturday, December 3rd
• A Christmas Carol: Sunday, December 4th
• Arthur Christmas: Saturday, December 10th
• The Polar Express: Saturday, December 17th
• White Christmas: Sunday, December 18th
North Park Theatre
1428 Hertel Avenue, Buffalo
The theatre that the Buffalo Evening Times called “Buffalo’s Finest Neighborhood Theatre” on its opening day in 1920, this North Buffalo jewel continues its tradition of seasonal screenings with a holiday classic:
• White Christmas: Saturday, November 26th and Sunday, November 27th, 11:30am
Hamburg Palace Theatre
31 Buffalo Street, Hamburg
Take a break from your holiday shopping by catching a totally free flick at this theater jewel of the Southtowns. Dates for the 2022 season are still being determined. Check hamburgpalace.com for more info as the season progresses.
• Elf: Date to be determined.
• The Polar Express: Date to be determined.