Buffalo has some of the most passionate and loyal fans of any American sports city. In return, the Buffalo Sabres, Bills, and Bandits provide some of the best fan experiences and honor the city’s proud sports history. Here are three “can’t miss” fan experiences for your next Buffalo game:
1. Grab a drink from the Pour Man’s Aud Club, a bar in Key Bank Center featuring restored artifacts from the Sabres’ old home, the Memorial Auditorium.
2. Get your picture taken with Sabretooth, the team mascot, or the statues of Gilbert Perrault, Rene Robert and Rick Martin, the famed “French Connection.”
3. Shout “Let’s-Go-Buffalo!” with over 18,000 of your closest friends.
1. Grab a parking spot near New Era Field extra early on Sunday morning and pack your grill, pot of chili and beer cooler for one of the most renowned tailgating experiences in the NFL.
2. As a good luck charm, greet the statue of the late Bills owner Ralph Wilson with a handshake on your way into the stadium bearing his name.
3. High-five your neighbors during the Buffalo Bills “Shout!” song, played every time after the Bills score.
Buffalo Bandits, season begins in December
1. Arrive early to hear the pre-game bagpiper, a Buffalo Bandits tradition.
2. Chant “B-O-X. B-O-X. The BOX!” with the rest of the crowd when an opponent goes to the penalty box.
3. Dance and cheer during the soundtrack of party tunes filling the arena between every play.