Hellenic Orthodox Church of the Annunciation
146 West Utica Street at Delaware Ave.
Buffalo NY 14222
- Visit Website
On the National Register of Historic Places, and built in the Gothic style in 1905 from plans drawn by George F. Newton, the North Presbyterian Church served the congregation until December of 1952 when the congregation moved to new quarters in Amherst. That same year, the church was purchased by a Greek Orthodox congregation and became the Church of the Annunciation. Altered to adhere to the Orthodox tradition, the church today has a beautiful Iconostasis, yet retains the handsome stained glass windows.