Mummies of the World Exhibition
- April 12, 2014 - September 21, 2014
- Location: Buffalo Museum of Science
- Address: 1020 Humboldt Parkway, Buffalo, NY 14211
- Times: Sun-Wed 9a-5p Thur-Sat 9a-9p
- Admission: Adult: $22 Seniors (62+): $21 Youth (2-17): $18 Child (Under 2): Free
- Phone: 716-896-5200
- Venue: Buffalo Museum of Science
- Visit Website
Mummies of the World is the largest exhibition of mummies and related artifacts in North America. This compelling collection, presented with reverence and dignity, includes ancient mummies and important artifacts from across the globe including ancient Egypt. A fascinating mix of old and new, this never-before-seen collection bridges the gap between past and present with contributions from 10 world-renowned Institutions and two private collectors.
Embark on a journey into the extraordinary world of mummies and mummification. Through modern science, engaging interactive and multi-media exhibits, the exhibition reveals how the scientific study of mummies provides a window into the lives of ancient people from every region of the world, offering unprecedented insights into past cultures and civilizations.
What secrets do mummies hold about the past? What clues do they bring us for the future? A journey awaits as we unravel their mysteries.
- Wheelchair: Yes